On the campsite
Ohai Nazaré Outdoor Resort
Family-friendly luxury camping in the pine forest
- Swimming pool with kids' area
- Playground for the little ones, boules and pool games for the slightly bigger ones
- Football, basketball, padel tennis, bike hire and fitness centre
- Restaurant and shop, bingo, roulette, bar and cocktail classes
Surprise and feast – our tips für Ohai Nazaré Outdoor Resort
- Worship Mary with a view: The historic mountain railway takes you up an incline of more than 40% over a distance of around three hundred metres. In Sitio, on the cliff about 110 metres above the sea, you can enjoy a dream view: of Nazarés lower town, the wide sandy beaches and the gigantic waves. Visit the pilgrimage church of Nossa Senhora da Nazaré, famous throughout Portugal. There you can marvel at the image of the miracle of Sito: while hunting deer in the fog, the apparition of the saint saved the hunter Don Fuas and his horse from falling off the rocks into the sea
- Monster waves, often towering – in Nazaré you can see the daring surfers riding perfect waves. Almost unique in Europe, they can reach heights of up to 33 metres – thanks to special currents and an undersea canyon in front of the bay! On other parts of the coast with slightly less high waves, surfing courses are also possible
- Seafood, freshly caught – at the campsite restaurant or at „Rosa dos Ventos“, just a few steps from Camping Ohai Nazaré. At Rosa dos Ventos, you can choose sea bass, wild-caught sea bream or other delicacies at the table before they are skilfully prepared for you. This is accompanied by small, particularly aromatic potatoes, salad and local wines! This is what Atlantic cuisine tastes like in Portugal's Centro!
Camping fun, sports and nature experiences for the whole family
Camping Ohai Nazaré Ourdoor Resort is located about three kilometres from the Atlantic Ocean, in the middle of a pine forest. The tall trees are typical of the coastal region and the Vale Paraiso Nature Park. Their sparse treetops provide pleasant partial shade on most pitches. Here you can enjoy plenty of space with your own equipment or simply rent one of the chic chalets, a flat or a stylish glamping tent. Then you don't need to bring much with you, you can fly to Lisbon and drive the 100 kilometres or so in a rental car.
In high season: age-appropriate entertainment for young and old alike
Kids aged 4 to 12 will love the creative programme, which includes face painting, costume and handicraft workshops, tattoos and mini-dancing. Teens from 13-17 will not be bored either: they will meet to dance or chill to cool music, and there will be football or padel tennis games. Meanwhile, the grown-ups can relax with a massage. Or you can keep fit with sports activities in the pool, aquarobics or water volleyball.
Fresh sea air, pine scent and family time
At Nazaré s two-kilometre sandy beach you can relax, play ball and enjoy long walks. Or stroll through Nazaré s historic old town, which is still called Pederneira after the old town name. The old town hall is worth seeing, in front of which a stone reminds us of the former pillory. In Pederneira you can buy genuine Portuguese ceramics, colourfully designed textiles and many culinary souvenirs. The traditional costumes are worn by many of the devout inhabitants of Nazareth, of course, and not because of the tourists. You can hire modern bicycles at the campsite so that you can reach Nazareth through the pine forests in a relaxed and environmentally friendly way.
FAQ for the campsite Ohai Nazaré Outdoor Resort
Where is the campsite located?
The campsite is located on Estrada Nacional 242 in 2450 Nazaré in Portugal1. It is situated in a hilly dune landscape with pine forest and is only 3 km away from the sea.
How many pitches and rental accommodations does the campsite have?
The campsite has about 60 pitches with own electricity connection, which are comfortably accessible via through roads. The pitches are partly on paved terraces and bounded by walls, tent pitches also on deep sand in the high-stemmed pine forest. The campsite also offers 143 rental accommodations, including mobile homes and glamping tents.
What facilities does the campsite offer?
The campsite has a number of facilities for a pleasant stay, such as:
- Heated outdoor pools with water slide
- Indoor pool (1.5 km away)
- Fitness room and sports program
- Mini golf and beach volleyball
- Bicycle rental
- Massage offer at the site
- Children’s animation and indoor playground
- Lounge and entertainment program.
Is there a supermarket or a restaurant?
Yes, the campsite has its own grocery store, a kiosk and a bread service. There is also a restaurant and a snack bar on the site as well as other gastronomic offers at 500 m distance.
How can I book the campsite?
You can book the campsite online via the website or contact them by phone at +351 262 561 800.
How do I get to the campsite?
The campsite is accessible by car via the motorway A8 or the national road N242. The nearest town centre is Nazaré (2 km away), where you can also find a public stop (50 m away from the site). The nearest airport is Lisbon (about 120 km away).
What can I do in the area?
The area around the campsite offers many possibilities for activities and excursions, such as:
- Swimming, surfing or bodyboarding on the beautiful beaches of Nazaré and Praia do Norte, which are among the most beautiful in Portugal
- Visit the attractive fishing village of Nazaré with its historic centre, lighthouse and fishing museum
- Admire the spectacular waves on the north coast of Nazaré, where world records in wave surfing are regularly broken
- Take a day trip to Fátima, an important Catholic pilgrimage site with an impressive basilica
- Explore the Batalha Monastery from the 14th century, which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture
- Discover the romantic village of Óbidos with its medieval wall, castle and picturesque streets.
What sights are there in the area?
In the area around the campsite there are many sights to visit, such as:
- The caves of Mira de Aire, the largest and most beautiful stalactite caves of Portugal with an underground lake and a light show
- The Alcobaça Monastery from the 12th century, the oldest Gothic monastery of Portugal and a symbol of the Cistercian order
- The Leiria Castle from the 12th century, an impressive fortress with a panoramic view over the city of Leiria and the river Lis
- The Tomar Monastery from the 12th century, a former seat of the Templar order and a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a magnificent church and a cloister.
Is the campsite dog-friendly?
Yes, the campsite is dog-friendly and allows dogs on the pitches and in some rental accommodations. There is also a dog park on the site as well as a dog beach nearby (3 km away). Please follow the rules for dogs on the campsite.
Is there wifi on the campsite?
Yes, there is wifi on the entire site as well as in the area of the reception or restaurant. The wifi is free for guests of the campsite.