FAQ - Camping Resort Mas Patoxas
Where is the campsite located?
The campsite is located in a beautiful natural area, surrounded by mountains, large beaches and beautiful coves. It is located on the Costa Brava, on the road C-31 between Palafrugell and Pals, about 4 km from the beaches of Begur and Pals. The medieval village of Pals is only 1 km away.
How many pitches and rental accommodations does the campsite have?
The campsite has 313 parcelled pitches for holidaymakers, all equipped with electricity and water connection. The size of the pitches varies between 70 and 110 m². There are also 220 rental accommodations, including 131 mobile homes and 89 bungalows. The rental accommodations are comfortably furnished and have a kitchen, a bathroom, a living room and one or two bedrooms.
What facilities does the campsite offer?
The campsite offers a variety of facilities and services for a pleasant stay. These include:
- Two outdoor pools with sunbathing area and parasols
- A bar with terrace and nightly entertainment programme
- A restaurant with regional and international cuisine
- A supermarket with fresh products and camping articles
- A fitness room with modern equipment
- A medical service with doctor and nurse
- A sanitary area with showers, toilets, washbasins, changing room and disabled-friendly cabin
- A laundry room with washing machines and dryers
- A playground and an indoor play area for children
- A sports field for football, basketball, volleyball and boules
- A bicycle rental for excursions in the surroundings.
Is there a supermarket or a restaurant?
Yes, there is a supermarket and a restaurant on the campsite. The supermarket is open daily from 8:00 to 20:00 (Sundays from 9:00 to 14:00) and offers a large selection of fresh products, bakery products, drinks, snacks and camping articles. The restaurant is open daily from 8:00 to 23:00 (Sundays until 22:00) and offers a rich breakfast buffet, a lunch menu, an evening menu and a pizzeria. There is also a bar with terrace, which is open from 8:00 to 1:00 (Sundays until 0:00) and offers various drinks, cocktails, ice cream and snacks.
How can I book the campsite?
You can book the campsite online via the website, by phone at the number +34 972 63 69 28.
How do I get to the campsite?
The campsite is accessible by car, bus or plane. By car you can take the motorway AP-7 to exit 6 (Girona Nord) and then follow the road C-66 to Palafrugell. There you take the road C-31 towards Pals and find the campsite after about 4 km on the right side. By bus you can take the line Sarfa from Barcelona or Girona, which runs several times a day to Pals. The bus stop is only 50 m from the campsite. By plane you can fly to Barcelona or Girona and then take a rental car or book a transfer to the campsite.
What can I do in the surroundings?
The surroundings of the campsite offer many possibilities for activities and relaxation. You can, for example:
- Enjoy the beautiful beaches and coves of Begur and Pals, which are only a few minutes away by car or bike. There you can swim, sunbathe, snorkel, surf or sail.
- Visit the medieval villages of Pals, Peratallada, Ullastret or Monells, which are known for their historical buildings, their craft shops and their gastronomic specialties.
- Try out the four best golf courses of the Costa Brava, which are located within a radius of 10 km: Golf Platja de Pals, Golf Serres de Pals, Empordà Golf Resort and Golf Gualta.
- Explore the natural parks of Montgrí, Illes Medes i Baix Ter or Cap de Creus, which offer a rich flora and fauna and spectacular landscapes. You can hike, bike, ride or kayak there.
- Discover the cultural and artistic attractions of Girona, Figueres or Barcelona, which are easily accessible by car or train. You can admire there the cathedral of Girona, the Dalí museum in Figueres or the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona.
What are the attractions in the surroundings?
In addition to the activities already mentioned, there are other attractions in the surroundings of the campsite that you should not miss. These include:
- The castle of Begur, which stands on a hill above the village and offers a magnificent view over the coast.
- The museum of underwater archaeology in L’Estartit, which shows an interesting collection of finds from different epochs.
- The ceramic museum in La Bisbal d’Empordà, which explains the history and the techniques of the traditional ceramic production.
- The cork museum in Palafrugell, which illustrates the importance and the use of cork in the region.
- The house-museum of Salvador Dalí in Portlligat, which shows the original living and working studio of the famous painter.
Is the campsite dog-friendly?
Yes, the campsite is dog-friendly and allows dogs on the pitches and in some rental accommodations. There are some rules to follow, such as:
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and have a microchip and a valid rabies vaccination.
- Dogs are not allowed in the pools, the restaurant, the bar or the supermarket.
- Dogs must do their business outside the campsite and the owners must remove any dirt.
- Dogs must be quiet and not disturb other guests.
- Dogs must be registered at the reception upon arrival and an additional fee will be charged.
Is there wifi on the campsite?
Yes, there is wifi on the whole site. You can connect with your own device and buy an access code at the reception. The prices vary depending on the duration and the number of devices. You can also use a computer in the lounge, which is connected to the internet.