FAQ - Camping El Templo del Sol
Where is the campsite located?
The campsite is located directly on the Costa Dorada, below Tarragona, in L´Hospitalet de l´Infant. It is situated on one of the most beautiful naturist beaches of Catalonia, the Playa del Torn1. The campsite is designed in Spanish-Moorish style and offers a fantastic sea view.
How many pitches and rental accommodations does the campsite have?
The campsite has 257 parcelled pitches for holidaymakers, which are between 65 and 90 m² in size. The pitches are arranged on several levels and planted with medium-high deciduous and coniferous trees and thuja hedges. There are also 92 rental accommodations, consisting of bungalows, mobile homes and tents. The rental accommodations are comfortably furnished and have a terrace or a balcony.
What facilities does the campsite offer?
The campsite offers a variety of facilities for a relaxing and varied naturist holiday. These include:
- Three seawater whirlpools and a large freshwater whirlpool for up to 30 people
- Two infinity pools with sea panorama and a misting and humidification system on the sun terrace
- A wellness area with sauna, steam bath, massages and beauty treatments
- A fitness room with outdoor spinning bikes and sports programme
- An archery range, a mini golf course, a multi-purpose sports field and a bicycle rental
- A cinema hall with daily film screenings
- An animation programme for children and adults with games, shows and theme nights
- A children’s playground, a paddling pool and a sanitary area for children.
Is there a supermarket or a restaurant?
Yes, the campsite has a supermarket that is open daily and offers fresh products, bakery products and newspapers. There is also a camping and leisure shop where you can buy everything you need for your stay. The campsite also has a restaurant with a large terrace that serves Mediterranean specialties. The restaurant also offers a bread service and a snack bar.
How can I book the campsite?
You can book the campsite online via the website. There you will find all the information about the prices, availability and special offers. You can also make a reservation by phone at +34 977 82 34 34.
How do I get to the campsite?
You can reach the campsite by car, train or plane. If you come by car, take the AP-7 motorway to exit 38 (L’Hospitalet de l’Infant) and then follow the signs “Campings” to the campsite. If you come by train, you can go to the station L’Hospitalet de l’Infant, which is only 3 km from the campsite. From there you can take a taxi or use the free shuttle bus that is offered by the campsite on Sundays. If you come by plane, you can either fly to Reus airport (33 km) or Barcelona airport (120 km). From there you can take a rental car or book a transfer to the campsite.
What can I do in the surrounding area?
The surrounding area of the campsite offers many possibilities for excursions and activities. You can, for example:
- Visit the historic city of Tarragona, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and offers many Roman ruins and monuments
- Visit the amusement park PortAventura, which is only 25 km from the campsite and offers fun for the whole family
- Explore the nature parks Delta de l’Ebre and Montsant, which offer a rich flora and fauna and beautiful hiking and biking trails
- Visit the wine region Priorat, which is known for its high-quality red wines and offers many wineries and cellars for tasting
- Visit the picturesque fishing villages Cambrils and l’Ametlla de Mar, which offer typical Catalan cuisine and a beautiful harbour.
What sights are there in the surrounding area?
In the surrounding area of the campsite there are many sights that you should not miss. These include:
- The monastery of Poblet, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the largest and best preserved Cistercian monasteries in Europe
- The castle of Miravet, which towers on a rock over the river Ebro and is an impressive fortress from the 12th century
- The caves of Benifallet, which offer a fascinating underworld of stalactites, stalagmites and other geological formations
- The museum of modern art of Tarragona, which shows an extensive collection of works by Catalan artists from the 19th and 20th centuries
- The archaeological museum of Tarragona, which shows one of the most important collections of Roman artefacts in Spain.
Is the campsite dog friendly?
No, the campsite is not dog friendly. There is a general dog ban on the entire site.
Is there wifi on the campsite?
Yes, there is wifi on the entire site. You can log in with your own device for free and surf the internet. There is also wifi in the area of the reception or the restaurant. If you do not have your own device, you can also use a computer at the reception.