On the campsite
Why wander far away? The Southern Oceans are so close. Welcome to the Suedsee-Camp in the Lueneburger Heide
- Tropical fun pool - open all year.
- Fit, fitter, fitness - in the Suedsee-Camp fitness world.
- Jungle Golf for the whole family.
- Entertainment programme for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Add action into the mix with high ropes course and skater track.
- Nearby and always worth a visit: the Hanseatic cities Lueneburg and Hamburg, Heide Park Soltau, and Weltvogelpark Walsrode.
Our tips for your holiday in the Suedsee-Camp
- Suedsee tip 1: a small hike from Suedsee-Camp to Wietzendorf and back. From the Suedsee-Camp you walk in the direction of Wietzenbruch along field and forest paths, then in the direction of Wietzendorf, in the village a short stop for an ice cream or Martini and back to the Suedsee-Camp. This is also fun for your children. If you prefer to travel on the water, you can book a canoe tour with transfer.
- Suedsee tip 2: A bike tour to the quaint heath village Müden, approximately 9 miles away. In Müden there is enough time for a visit to the charming Laurentius church with its freestanding wooden bell tower and for a detour to the small game park. Again something that will please your children too.
- Not only the South Pacific is on the spot, but also Texas: in the former oil production area known as "Klein-Texas" in Wietze there is still a drilling rig. In the German Petroleum Museum you can find out more, and from Wietzer Ölberg you can enjoy the view of the Allertal.
- A culinary tip: enjoy a buckwheat cake, a speciality of the Lüneburger Heide, in the nearby Bauerncafé Ole-Müllern-Schün. Maybe you can see a herd of Heidschnucken (moorland sheep) with their shepherd?
Tropical bathing pleasure in the Lueneburger Heide
The Suedsee lies in the middle of the Lueneburg Heath. Well, you definitely get this impression when you enjoy the tropical climate in the exotic Suedsee pool paradise and rest on a sunbed under palm trees. Your children want more action? Then rush through the white water channel with them, throw yourself into the surf of the wave pool or board the pirate ship in the lagoon. Or rather relax in the sauna or under the solarium?
Good entertainment for the whole family
The Suedsee-Campers have thought about this very carefully: for each age group there are different entertainment offers, but also common activities for the whole family. That's how it should be: Enjoy time with the family and at the same time have time for the own interests. Excited how this works? Then take a look online and see what the animation and entertainment programme looks like.
Trend and fun sport in the Suedsee-Camp
Now you really have a story to take home! Or do you already know what KanJam is and what it feels like when you roll back and forth at ’loopy ball’? Well you can test it out in the Suedsee-Camp! Your skills will also be put to the test at ’flash cups’ and ‘dice stacking’. With so much fun and concentration everyday worries are quickly forgotten...