On the campsite
Camping Paradiso Lago
- Camping directly on Lake Lugano
- Bathing, water sports, hiking and cycling
- Bistro, playground equipment, lots of greenery
- Many excursion destinations in Ticino within easy reach
Relaxing holidays on the lake shore, with a view of the mountains
The Paradiso Lago camping park stretches over a mainly flat meadow area. It lies directly on Lake Lugano. Guests can fortify themselves. Sometimes a delicious smelling suckling pig spins on the spit.
Explore the region in a relaxed way with the Ticino Ticket and save on your holiday budget
Camping Paradiso Lago is a good base from which to discover Lugano and the surrounding Alpine world. The cheap Ticino ticket not only offers free travel on local public transport as far as the Gotthard. There is also reduced admission to numerous places of interest. Families can marvel at almost the whole of little Switzerland in model form at the Park Swissminiatur, for example. Local museums also grant discounts to Ticino ticket holders, as do many mountain railways.
MASI, LAC, Palazzo Reali – Culture and art lovers flock to Lugano
In Lugano, the MASI, the Museo d‘Arte della Svizerra Italiana, shows outstanding works by artists from Italian-speaking Switzerland. The architecture of the Lugano Arte e Cultura Museum, the LAC, with its spectacular building is worth seeing. The futuristic building often displays provocative works of contemporary art. More traditional art from Ticino can be seen in the former cantonal museum, the Palazzo Reali.
FAQ about Camping Paradiso Lago
Here you will find answers to the most common questions about the campsite.
Where is Camping Paradiso Lago located?
Camping Paradiso Lago is located in Ticino, the southernmost region of Switzerland, directly on the shore of Lake Lugano. It is situated in the municipality of Melano, about 15 km from Lugano and 25 km from Como. The campsite is easily accessible by car or train.
How many pitches and rental accommodations does the campsite have?
The campsite has 100 pitches for tents, caravans and motorhomes2. The pitches are shady and equipped with electricity. There are also 10 rental accommodations3, including bungalows, mobile homes and glamping tents. The rental accommodations are comfortably furnished and can accommodate up to 6 people.
What facilities does the campsite offer?
The campsite offers a range of amenities for a pleasant stay. These include:
Is there a supermarket or a restaurant?
- Sanitary facilities with hot water, showers and washing machines
- Playground and table tennis table for children
- Lawn with umbrellas and sun loungers by the lake
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the area
- Bicycle rental and boat dock
- Luggage storage and safe at the reception
There is a small supermarket on the campsite where you can buy fresh bread rolls, groceries and other items of daily use. There is also a cozy Osteria where you can enjoy typical Ticino specialties such as polenta or risotto. The Osteria also has a terrace overlooking the lake.
How can I book the campsite?
You can book the campsite online via the website.
How do I get to the campsite?
You can reach the campsite by car: Take the motorway A2 towards Chiasso/Lugano until exit Melide (No. 51). Then follow the signs to Melano (No. 50). After about 3 km you will reach Melano. In the village area follow the signs seawards to Camping Paradiso Lago.
What can I do in the surrounding area?
The surrounding area of the campsite offers many possibilities for activities and relaxation. You can, for example:
What are the attractions in the surrounding area?
- Explore the lake by boat or bicycle
- Hike or cycle on the numerous paths around the lake or in the mountains
- Swim, surf, sail or fish in the clear water of the lake
- Golf on one of the nearby golf courses
- Enjoy wellness and relaxation in one of the thermal baths or spas
There are many attractions to discover in the surrounding area of the campsite. These include:
Is the campsite dog-friendly?
- Lugano: The largest city on the lake with a picturesque old town, a lively harbour and many museums, churches and parks
- Morcote: An idyllic village on the south shore of the lake with a beautiful promenade, a botanical garden and a Romanesque church
- Monte San Salvatore: A viewpoint mountain with a spectacular panoramic view over the lake and the Alps
- Grotte di Rescia: A series of seven caves with impressive stalactites and stalagmites on the shore of the river Cuccio
- Duomo di Como: A magnificent Gothic cathedral in the centre of Como with a rich art and architectural history
Yes, the campsite is dog-friendly. You are welcome to bring your dog as long as you keep it on a leash and respect the peace and cleanliness on the campsite. There is also a dog beach on the lake where your dog can swim freely.
Is there Wi-Fi on the campsite?
Yes, there is free Wi-Fi throughout the campsite.